Juwairiya Saeed appointed to MIB Board

May 2011: Senior Consultant of FJS, Ms. Juwairiya Saeed has been appointed as a Director of the Board of the Maldives Islamic Bank (MIB). Ms. Juwairiya Saeed represents the Islamic Corporation for the Development (ICD).

MIB was incorporated on the 1st of April 2010 which is a joint venture between (ICD) and the Government of Maldives (GoM) represented by Ministry of Finance and Treasury. ICD owns 85% of the shares and the GoM owns the remaining 15% of the shares.

MIB ensures that all employees hold the highest ethical standards and values and in doing so aims to conduct business according to Islamic Shariah to provide an alternate service to individuals and business.

Currently MIB operates from its main office in Male’. However MIB intends to extend its service to the nearby islands of Male’ and the bigger islands of Maldives.

Share