|Why do I need to do this?||Follow this user guide if you need to register a general or limited liability partnership.|
|Where can I apply for the service?||You can apply in person at|
|How long will the process take?||Next working day (Day 2) from date of application (Day 1)
|What are the fees and charges involved?||• Registration fee: MVR 2,000
|Which documents do I need to submit?||
|How do I apply for the service?||Day 1:
1. Lodge application at counter.
2. If any information is missing, provide the required information.
If application is in order, receive invoice slip for payment.
* If there are any issues in approving the registration, the Ministry will notify via phone and request for any amendments if applicable.
3. Make payment.
4. Receive the original of certificate, registration letter, endorsed partnership agreement and payment receipt.
|What would I receive at the end of the process?||• Certificate
• Registration letter
• Endorsed partnership agreement
• Copy of payment receipt
|Did you know:||• You need to get the name of the partnership approved by the Registrar of Companies prior to registration. <LINK: User guide for business name approval>
• Partnership to be registered must have not have more than 20 partners, who must all be above 18 years of age.
• If one or more shareholders are of foreign nationality, follow User guide for foreign investment registration
• Payment by cheque is acceptable only with bank guarantees.
|References:||• Partnership Act of the Maldives
• Foreign Investment Act
• User guide on foreign investment registration
• User guide on business name approval
View in: Dhivehi