|Why do I need to do this?||Follow this user guide if you need to register a local private or public limited company.|
|Where can I apply for the service?||You may apply online or in person at|
|How long will the process take?||Next working day (Day 2) from date of application (Day 1)
|What are the fees and charges involved?||• Registration fee: Calculated depending on company capital <LINK: Companies Act section on how to calculate registration fee>
• Revenue stamp of MVR 500
• Annual fee for the current year: MVR 2,000 for a private limited company, MVR 10,000 for a public limited company.
|Which documents do I need to submit?||
If shares for new company to be registered are held by an existing company, submit these additional documents:
|How do I apply for the service?||Day 1:
1. Lodge application at counter.
2. If any information is missing, provide the required information.
If application is in order, receive invoice slip for payment.
* If there are any issues in approving the registration, the Ministry will notify via phone and request for any amendments if applicable.
3. Make payment.
4. Receive the original of certificate, registration letter, endorsed Memorandum and Articles of Association and payment receipt.
|What would I receive at the end of the process?||• Certificate
• Registration letter
• Endorsed Memorandum of Association
• Endorsed Articles of Association
• Copy of payment receipt
|Did you know:||• You need to get the company name approved by the Registrar of Companies prior to registration. <LINK: User guide for business name approval>
• Company to be registered must have at least one shareholder above 18 years of age.
• If one or more shareholders are of foreign nationality, follow User guide for foreign investment registration
• Minimum capital for a private limited company is MVR 2,000; and minimum capital for a public limited company is MVR 1,000,000.
• Payment by cheque is acceptable only with bank guarantees.
|References:||• Companies Act of the Maldives
• Companies Regulation
• Foreign Investment Act
• User guide on foreign investment registration
• User guide on business name approval
View in: Dhivehi