- Ministry of Economic Development
- Business Development Service Center
- Fareeha Shareef
- Hamid Sodique
- Ahmed Fayaz
- Abdulla Waheed
- Ghaly Murthala
The project required to design an interactive self-learning programme on business development using visuals, illustrations and audio recording and to facilitate this requirement, the project was developed in web based format. The web based portal consisted of an interactive section where a presenter had the different components explained to the viewer. This was enhanced by examples, with multimedia presentations.
In order to develop the project, the existing material was analysed incorporating the views and comments of BDSC training institutes and other stake holders. Information and knowledge gaps of MSMEs in the Maldives were identified using available assessments, stakeholder consultations and interaction with MSMEs.
The structure of the manual covered the following areas:
- Introduction to Business Development concepts
- Making Business Ideas and Choices
- Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Business Registration and Business Operation
The syllabus was aimed at standardising the training programmes delivered by Business Development Service Centre, the BIZ Start Up (Business Start-up) and BIZ Plan (Business Planning) trainings which included exercises using real life examples.
The following were delivered at the end of the project:
- A comprehensive self-learning manual syllabus integrating the two core training Business Start-up and Business Planning of the BDSC for both trainers and trainees
- An interactive self-learning programme for trainees on business development with illustrations, visuals and audio.